Eumundi Markets

Yesterday, Esther and I went with the youngest (Aussie) nephew to Eumundi Markets which are hundreds and hundreds of wonderful Australian producers and crafters all selling their wares in the little town of Eumundi each Wednesday and Saturday.



Saturdays are just too busy and crowded for us, especially with a little one - but midweek, although still bustling, was just perfect. I've been a few times before over the years, but this visit was the best ever. I bought some wonderful, eclectic presents for Christmas and had some lovely chats with the stallholders.The lovely Diane Elliott at Queen Bee Secrets gave me some great advice about my hands (in a shocking condition due to all the washing I have to do when baking!) and a gorgeous sample of her organic Royal Jelly Balm, made from the products of her own beloved bees. It really had an effect and I shall be ordering some mail order goodies from her, definitely. I also had a talk with the talented Bec Lindemann, who makes wonderful ceramics....

that were so tempting. I didn't buy yesterday (too much choice! too little time!) but I was so pleased to find that she has an Etsy shop called Spun Mud (gorgeous name) which I shall certainly be visiting. Esther bought some wonderful vintage children's prints at Aleta Jansen ArtWorks too - well priced and unusual, perfect for presents.

We had lunch sitting on a bench under a huge old tree....a mixed salad platter from this stall....


I had a beetroot/sweet potato & glass noodle combination (sounds weird, tasted amazing) and Esther had the noodles too, with a potato, pumpkin & salsa verde salad. Ooh, it was good! We finished our trip with all natural ice creams (toasted coconut, strawberry, creamy banana) and a go on the 'jumping castle' as a treat for my very patient little nephew, Alfie.

Then home to pick up the older children and share the ultra sweet strawberries we'd bought with them. We saw the strawberry fields up on the hill as we left Eumundi - they couldn't have been fresher.

And today is a beautiful, sunny, warm day. The children are at school and the day is mine (Esther worked last night so is sleeping today) I'm going to take a trip into Buderim, the nearby town, to browse the bookshops....then maybe I'll find a cafe and buy a sandwich to eat with a book on the beach. Pure bliss. Enjoy your Thursday! xx

Comments

  1. Dearest Rachel,

    I am so happy that you are blogging from Australia! Your day at the market sounds lovely. All those crafters & vendors all in the same place makes for a perfect outing! It is so nice to see you so happy in the company of your Esther & the children! Hope you had a great time in the town of Buderim and relaxed to your heart's content on the beach! Really enjoyed reading & catching up on your days down-under! Will be looking forward to your next post! Continue to enjoy!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely to read about your sunny exploits in foodlanddownunder during my dreary commute under grey skies. keep it up MG! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ahhhh, my dear Rachel, sunshine, beloved family, and good food under a tree. What a joy to follow you.

    Sending love to you and yours,

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Rachel...what a lovely day you must have had. All you did and are doing sounds amazing!! Love to read all your posts!!

    Blessings....
    ((hugs)) Gert

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds perfect, I hope that you have a wonderful time there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts....

You may also enjoy...