Signs of Spring....

Our garden is waking up at last from the long, long Winter. Monday is March (already!) and I know for sure now that even if - or when - it gets cold, snowy & frosty....nothing will hold back the forces of Nature now showing everywhere...
little blue scilla flowers will soon be here...
my oregano is re-emerging.....
camellia buds ready to burst...
and the snowdrops are in their full majestic beauty in between the lavender twigs...

Also, we were given the most beautiful birdfeeder I've ever seen by Paul's daughter, Jess, and her husband. I put it up today...
Isn't it gorgeous? It's made by a Swedish company called Wildife Gardens and they make so many other wonderful bird & nature feeders and homes I can see myself having a spree! Our birds are still a little suspicious of it but will soon realise that house=tasty treats!
I hope you can just see Mr Greenfinch through the little heart hanging? He and his family are the most regular visitors to our feeders. Usually one eats while the others keep watch in the tree, then they all swap places!
I'll leave you with a last look at our new birdhouse, as seen from my kitchen window...
It'll soon be here! With my love and dreams of Spring xox

Comments

  1. that birdhouse is adorable..i LOVE it....

    glad you pointed out the little bird or i would have missed him...and is that a heart made out of buttons? that is the cutest thing i ever saw !

    looks like spring is starting to spring there..wonderful....

    i am off to order more MAULDONS ! i'll call it my treat for my Easter basket !

    hugs to Alice....

    sending love,
    kary and buddy
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous birdhouse Rachel, I am going to hotfoot it over to Wildlife Gardens right away!
    It is so exciting to see the flowers and plants pushing their way through the cold earth to bless us with their beauty. Your garden is going to be full of pretty bounty very soon
    Love Morwenna xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it such an exciting time right now?! I love it. We're all on the look-out for new growth, and notice every little change and every little bit of life. It's wonderful.
    I love the bird house! And yes, I spotted hungry watchful Mr. Greenfinch. Don't have many of those here.
    Let's enjoy the unfolding of spring together!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind the snow in February, but I like the blooming flowers.

    Oh, and I love the bird manger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fabulous bird house. The plants look beautiful, how lovely that spring is around the corner for you. I, on the other hand am looking forward to Autumn after the relentless heat of Summer, although we've had some flooding the past few days, but the landscape is all the more green and pleasant for it. xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your thoughts....

You may also enjoy...